More of a question than a blog I guess…what is it about some Sales Managers recently?
I am seeing so many incidents of the following that it is causing me to think there is some new management fad that I have missed…
There seems to be a new breed of Sales Manager…The Shy Sales Manager (SSM)…typical characteristics:
- Absent from the sales coal face
- Manage the team, or tries to, by email
- Treat performers and non-performers alike
- Operate as if they are single handedly looking to save the world – stress heads doesn’t begin to describe them…
- Scared to get in there with the team and lead by example
- Unable to have the tough conversations but quite happy to bicker about ‘details’
- Delegate, by default, again passive-aggressive doesn’t cover it
- Don’t appear to like people very much
- Talk but don’t say anything meaningful – management speak is alive and kicking!!!
- Avoid anything that makes them accountable, or responsible
I hope this new fad passes soon….can’t see how it will work out positively for anyone.
Carol Griffiths – Lead Consultant and Director
Morton Kyle Limited
0779 002 1885