Picture the scene, two days to go before the end of the month, it’s easy to spot the Sales people who have hit target – they are the ones doing their expenses in work time! It’s easy to see the ones that will miss it by a miles – they called in an 7.30 am this morning to proclaim sickness (yes, who knew your sales manager wouldn’t be taking calls at 7.30 am) It’s painful to listen to the ones that are nearly there….here are some things you may hear that you rather wish you hadn’t…
- It’s my month end and if you can sign this off I can take the rest of the day off
- If I drop the price, could you get a signed order back by 4.30 today?
- Well, if you’re still deciding, why don’t we get the order in and lodged and then if you change your mind we can offer you a full credit next week?
- Ok, so lets increase the amount ordered just in case, if you want to return what you don’t use that will be fine, just as long as you hold on to the stock for three months
- You want a discount? If I half the price, can we move forward?
- Well, if you think the Board will say yes, then why don’t we sign it off now and send it to me, your boss won’t mind, in fact you will look super efficient, and then if the Board says no I will shred the order…
- I will lose my job if I don’t get this order in…
- I can’t believe he still hasn’t come back to you…you should be doing his job, is he always this incompetent…
- Are you really the decision maker – is there someone else I should be talking with to get this signed off today?
For an insight into how to avoid these end of month blips and other embarrassing sales conversations, join Morton Kyle Limited on our Sales Improvement Workshop – sign up is open now.
If you have a more pressing sales challenge then please contact us directly on 0779 002 1885 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Carol Griffiths – Lead Consultant and Director
Morton Kyle Limited
0779 002 1885